Hofbräuhaus Beer Hall
Sun May 20, 2018 02:03 PMTaken by Steve
3-floor beer hall dating back to the 16th century, with a Bavarian restaurant, shows & upbeat vibe.
Church of St Luke
Tue May 22, 2018 11:50 AM
1 hour 54 mins
2.8 milesTaken by Steve
St. Luke's Church is the largest Protestant church in Munich, southern Germany. It was built in 1893–96, designed by Albert Schmidt. It is the only preserved Lutheran parish church in the historical area of Munich. St. Luke's is located on the banks of the Isar, between the Steinsdorfstraße and Mariannenplatz.
Tue May 22, 2018 12:20 PMTaken by Steve
The Maximilianeum, a palatial building in Munich, was built as the home of a gifted students' foundation and has also housed the Bavarian Landtag since 1949. The principal was King Maximilian II of Bavaria, who started the project in 1857. The leading architect was Friedrich Bürklein.
Angel of Peace
Tue May 22, 2018 01:02 PMTaken by Steve
The Angel of Peace is part of the Maximilian Park and a point de vue at the eastern end of a line of sight forming Prinzregentenstrasse. Next to the Isar, slightly elevated above street level, is an open space with a fountain; this has a dolphin waterspout surrounded by four smaller waterspouts. Two staircases lead to the observation deck . A column 38 metres high and in the Corinthian style is located here, on top of which is a six-metre statue of the Angel of Peace. It is a replica of the Nike of Paeonius. The Angel of Peace is a reminder of the 25 peaceful years after the Franco-German war of 1870/71. The monument with its small temple shows the portraits of the German Emperors William I, Frederick III, Wilhelm II, the Bavarian rulers Ludwig II, Otto and Luitpold, the Imperial Chancellor Otto von Bismarck and the generals Helmuth von Moltke, Albrecht von Roon, Ludwig von der Tann, Jakob von Hartmann and Siegmund von Pranckh. In the hall of the temple are gold mosaics which depict the allegories of war and peace, victory and blessing for the culture.
Wed May 23, 2018 09:53 AM
0.6 milesTaken by Steve
The Rosi Kaffeehaus & Bar.
Surfing in the City
Taken by SteveThu May 24, 201810:50 AM
This spot is famous throughout the world for being the largest, best and most consistent city centre location for river surfing. People have been surfing here for 40 years.
Haus der Kunst Museum
Thu May 24, 2018 10:55 AM
0.5 milesTaken by Steve
The Haus der Kunst is a non-collecting modern and contemporary art museum in Munich, Germany. The building was constructed from 1933 to 1937 following plans of architect Paul Ludwig Troost as Nazi Germany's first monumental structure of Nazi architecture and as Nazi propaganda. The museum, then called Haus der Deutschen Kunst ("House of German Art"), was opened on 18 July 1937 as a showcase for what the Nazi Party regarded as Germany's finest art. The inaugural exhibition was the Große Deutsche Kunstausstellung ("Great German Art Exhibition"), which was intended as an edifying contrast to the condemned modern art on display in the concurrent Degenerate Art Exhibition.
Tram into City
Thu May 24, 2018 11:14 AM
Around the City Centre
Thu May 24, 2018 11:20 AM
0.8 milesTaken by Steve
The New Town Hall is a town hall at the northern part of Marienplatz in Munich, Bavaria, Germany. It hosts the city government including the city council, offices of the mayors and a small portion part of the administration. In 1874 the municipality had left the Old Town Hall for its new domicile.