Drive to Berchtesgaden
Fri May 18, 2018 06:40 AM
2 hours 10 mins
Passed a nice church on the way
Taken by SteveFri May 18, 201807:29 AM
The branch and pilgrimage church of St. Marinus and Anian is the Catholic village church of Wilparting , a district of the municipality Irschenberg in the district Miesbach. It rises above the grave of the two saints, the small Veitskapelle indicates the place where the cell of St. Marinus and Anianus should have been. The grave church of the two saints is one of the oldest Christian places of worship in Bavaria and has been a pilgrimage site for well over 1000 years .
Fri May 18, 2018 09:12 AMTaken by Steve
The Berghof was Adolf Hitler's home in the Obersalzberg of the Bavarian Alps near Berchtesgaden, Bavaria, Germany. He spent more time there than anywhere else during World War II except the Wolfsschanze, his headquarters in East Prussia for the invasion of the Soviet Union.
The Tea House
Fri May 18, 2018 09:46 AM
1.1 milesTaken by Steve & Carole
Although there is nothing left of the tea house building today Hitler would visit the Mooslahnerkopf Teehaus almost every afternoon during his stays at the Berghof. Each afternoon around 3pm Hitler, members of his close circle and a small number of his RSD bodyguards would cross the road in front of the Berghof and enter a path than ran past the Unterwurflehen (Obersalzberg Administration Building) then stroll downhill through the Obersalzberg Valley and onto a path through the woods.
Drive to Lake Konigsee
Fri May 18, 2018 11:41 AM
On the Lake
Fri May 18, 2018 12:37 PM
5.0 milesTaken by Steve
The Königssee is a natural lake in the extreme southeast Berchtesgadener Land district of the German state of Bavaria, near the Austrian border. Most of the lake is within the Berchtesgaden National Park. The lake is noted for its clear water and is advertised as the cleanest lake in Germany. For this reason, only electric-powered passenger ships, rowing, and pedal boats have been permitted on the lake since 1909.
Fri May 18, 2018 01:33 PM
0.9 milesTaken by Steve
The boat ride back
Fri May 18, 2018 02:10 PM
1 hour 31 mins
Passing by St Bartholomew's Church and palace which were founded by the Prince-Provosts of Berchtesgaden in 1134. The triple-concha design of the church dates back to 1697; the stucco-work is by the Salzburg master Joseph Schmidt. In the 18th century the summer and hunting palace was rebuilt, with older building sections incorporated.